AM Admission Shift
Thank you for everyone who was able to make it to the last meeting. Due to requests from Drs Hefner and Miller we tried some changes to the AM Admit shift last weekend. The AM Admit shift was changed to more of a triage role that allowed that doc to pick up patients on which to round. This is similar to how we took admissions previously. Appropriately, Dr Hefner was doing the AM Admit shift and was able to pick up eight rounding patients. I think the structure was well designed. The number of admissions seemed pretty light and I did not see any major issues. We can continue to evalute this method using the weekends as a test. Several weeks should give us a better idea of how it works in times of varying census. Then we may poll the group and see what type of shift the group likes best before we make a long term decision. I appreciate the work of Dr Miller and particularly Dr Hefner put into its design.
D
http://ngisblog.blogspot.com/
Thank you for everyone who was able to make it to the last meeting. Due to requests from Drs Hefner and Miller we tried some changes to the AM Admit shift last weekend. The AM Admit shift was changed to more of a triage role that allowed that doc to pick up patients on which to round. This is similar to how we took admissions previously. Appropriately, Dr Hefner was doing the AM Admit shift and was able to pick up eight rounding patients. I think the structure was well designed. The number of admissions seemed pretty light and I did not see any major issues. We can continue to evalute this method using the weekends as a test. Several weeks should give us a better idea of how it works in times of varying census. Then we may poll the group and see what type of shift the group likes best before we make a long term decision. I appreciate the work of Dr Miller and particularly Dr Hefner put into its design.
D
http://ngisblog.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment